FY 2014 Board of Directors Announced
The Greater Boston Federal Executive Board is pleased to announce our Board of Directors for FY 2014. Each was elected for a 3-year term to be effective October 1, 2013. When there are an equal number of candidates to the number of available slots, the Chair has the discretion to accept the ballot by accession. To that end, please join me in congratulating the following on their election.
- Hanscom Air Force Air Base COL Lester Weilacher represented by Group Deputy Commander Tom Fredericks
- * Health and Human Services - Regional Director Christie Hager with designated alternate Paul Jacobsen
- * National Archives and Records Administration -Special Assistant to the Director- Presidential Libraries Diane LeBlanc
- * Secret Service Boston District - Steve Ricciardi, Special Agent in Charge
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service - RA James Arena-DeRosa represented by Kurt Messner, Deputy Regional Administrator
* = incumbent
2013 Scholarship Recipients
The Greater Boston Boston Federal Executive Board recently awarded two scholarships of $1000 each in memory of two local public servants who we lost this year - Ms. Mary Ellen Barrett, US Department of Justice & Ms. Marie Geagan, Social Security Administration, respectively. The scholarship's goal is to honor their exemplary work, dedication and their memory by supporting the education goals of Feds, and future Feds.
- Katherine Cicchetti, Daughter of Postal Employee Phyllis Cicchetti, (Curry College)
- Elie Maalouf, Legal Intern and Lindsay Fellow, US District Court MA District (Boston Univeristy)
The recipient's essays were selected from among several hundred submitted from across New England. The topic was simple yet reflected high standards in that we asked, "3Tell Us Your Good Government Story." Volunteers from our Diversity Committee reviewed and scored each essay to come up with the top ten finalists and these two surfaced to the top during the final round.
Your Federal Government
We are delighted to share details of an exciting new project that we launched earlier this year - a new Cable TV Series called - "YOUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT". The primary goal of this series is to tell the good government story by disseminating information to the public about what each federal agency does and the good work that Federal employees do. We are delighted that the shows are being distributed to local cable access stations across the Commonwealth.
Check out our YouTube video
The GBFEB Board of Directors meets on the second Tuesday of every other month.Diversity Committee
Note that the Diversity Committee routinely meets, in person, on the first Thursday of every month from 9-10:30 a.m. Conference calls are scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of each month. These are subject to change with advanced notice.Local Federal Coordinating Committee (LFCC)
The LFCC typically meets regularly on the first Monday of each month at 2 p.m. Changes are announced in advance.